Re: [OM] How much $$$ for an OM-1n?

Subject: Re: [OM] How much $$$ for an OM-1n?
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2000 18:21:45 +1100
This is just another way of spending too much! There is only one way to bid
- decide what it is worth to you, your fair price based on your wallet and
what they have brought before. Set that as your maximum bid and LEAVE WELL
ALONE. Then, you may find that you get a nice surprise some days later - if
not, there will be another one along soon. Otherwise, you may get into a
bidding war and regret the results. This may take a while but eventually
you will get lucky. And, with an OM1, they are not so rare that you won't
find one with a guarantee from a dealer in any fair sized city. I got a
nice, clean, black OM1 with a late 50/1.8 from a shop for US$80 equivalent
the other day.
This advice, of course, does not apply to big white Zuikos and motor drive
caps.
Andrew
Better to regret what you have done, than what you haven't.