[OM] I'm sooooo confused, two 24 mms, what to do

Subject: [OM] I'm sooooo confused, two 24 mms, what to do
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2000 19:28:36 EST
I find myself in an unusual situation and would like the sage advice of some
of the more experienced Zuikoheads out there in Zuikoland.  I have been
hunting and gathering for a few months and find myself with a few duplicates
and now want to weed them out a bit.  There are two 24 mm f 2.8 lenses, both
with perfect glass. 1) Silver nose, SC, about 970f new, that a previous
owner engraved (ugh) a number on the silver ring that has the depth of field
scale on it.  Other than that the lens is beautiful having been focused
(used) so seldom that you feel like you might cut you fingers on the focusing
ring as it is so sharp.  2) Black nose, MC, that is about 850f new.  It has
been used and the numbers are a little discolored.  There is a little
brassing. It focuses smoothly and there is no looseness in its operation.

The question is this: If I keep the silver nose, which I've said is really in
nicer cosmetic conditio, will the SC become a problem under normal
conditions?  Is there really much difference?  The only other part of the
equation is that I also own the Zuiko 18 mm f 3.5, 28 mm f 2.8 and a Sigma
21-35 mm.

This feels a little like trying to adopt out one of your children.  If you
can help get me through this one, we will probably need to have a discussion
about getting the OM 2S herd down to a manageable size.  Thanks for your
input.  Bill Barber