Re: [OM] Lens Storage

Subject: Re: [OM] Lens Storage
From: WKato@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2000 11:53:34 EST
In a message dated 12/15/00 8:49:16 AM Pacific Standard Time,
msvphoto@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> Just scored a small fire safe (brand new) from a yard sale so all my
>  cataloged slides now live inside it. Getting there...
>
>  Thanks all!
>
>  Mike Veglia

A note of caution as to fire safe safes. I think that these use some type of
hygroscopic (water attracting chemical) lining that releases water if there
is a fire. Ergo, the humidity is very high inside the safe and may create a
fungi and mold happy environment.

Warren