Re: [OM] mint cameras; SX-70

Subject: Re: [OM] mint cameras; SX-70
From: Gregg Iverson <giverson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2000 23:01:01 -0500
A few years ago it was noted that the average standardized test score for a majority of the states was above average. Of course this is, by definition, impossible. It was given the name "The Lake Wobegon Effect"

We have sort of effect happening in drink sizes. Used to be: Small, Medium and Large. Now we start with Large and go bigger from there. This is not just in the names of the sizes but in the volume each container holds.

Gregg

les clark wrote:
In <3A34A931.2DC0424F@xxxxxxxxxx>, on 12/11/00 at 02:15 AM,
   William Sommerwerck <williams@xxxxxxxxxx> said:

>This "inflation" of subjective
>cosmetic quality probably occurs because cameras are fundamentally
>functional items, and a terrible-looking camera can still take great
>pictures.

I get the creepy feeling that there is a similar process involved in the
erosion of college grade meanings...