Re: [OM] (OT) Sniping

Subject: Re: [OM] (OT) Sniping
From: DaEyeGuy@xxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2000 04:19:35 EST
In a message dated 12/16/00 4:50:54 PM Eastern Standard Time, Doggre@xxxxxxx
writes:

> I think we are SO LUCKY to be owning and using the OM system before these
>  cameras, lenses, and accessories  achieve "collector" status and the
prices
>  go right off the chart.  THIS is the Golden Age of OM, if you ask me.

Exactly my sentiments...I bought my first item on eBay (OM-4) in August '97,
and the prices have definitely crept up for the better goods (altho it makes
my heart ache to see OM-PC's going for $70..it's such a nice little body...).
I remember well the day they posted a huge headline on the home page
exclaiming "Over 150,000 items for sale!" I told friends I was going to buy
stock and then did not follow thru..oh well.

We have been fortunate in that we can hone down our sets the way we want
them. Later, when parts disappear and prices rise, it'll be a different
story. (Answer to the dilemma: buy two for everything, raid John H.'s abode
when he refuses to CLA anymore and hold him hostage until he's repaired them
all! Yea!)

Oh, it's late..sleep deprivation is affecting my brain..sorry John...
Susan

Susan Steele
Amherst, VA USA