[OM] [OT] Lake Wobegon and things above average

Subject: [OM] [OT] Lake Wobegon and things above average
From: "Lex Jenkins" <lexjenkins@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2000 03:41:50
Oh, I got it. I'm a fan of PHC and Keillor's writing, despite his political leanings. My "110%" remark was chiming in with the initiating post quoting a report which asserted the ridiculous - that all children of a certain group tested "above average."

One of my pet peeves is the boast "giving 110%." Bullshit. That just means that when someone claims to be giving 100%, he's actually giving about 90%.
Lex Jenkins
"It is a mystery wrapped in a riddle shrouded in an enigma powdered
with a paradox with little shiny sprinkles of bemusement on top."