Re: [OM] How and when did you get into OM?

Subject: Re: [OM] How and when did you get into OM?
From: "Chris O'Neill" <coneill@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2000 23:01:59 -0700
On 17 Dec 2000, at 20:49, Ray Moth wrote:

> I'm curious to know how and when List members got into the OM system.
> OM has never been the most popular brand, so I would imagine most
> OM-ers either chose the system because of some particular feature they
> wanted or inherited it.

I bought my OM-10 back in the early 1980's (1982 or 1983 I think?)
because:  (1) it was inexpensive compared to other cameras, (2) the
store where I bought it (Melfort, Saskatchewan Canada) specialized in
Olympus cameras, and (3) the salesperson recommended it.  I really
*didn't* know much about photography then, so the "AUTO" mode was
a real drawing card for me.  All I wanted at the time was an easy-to-use
camera to take pictures of my little kids.

I won't go into listing my current collection, as that'd take up too much
bandwidth.  Let's just say that in the last year or so the OM inhabitants
of my camera bag have multiplied like bunnies.  I just *knew* I shouldn't
have put them together without better "protection"!!!  :-)

Regards,

Chris