Re: [OM] IS-3DLX - I'm lost

Subject: Re: [OM] IS-3DLX - I'm lost
From: "Hans van Veluwen" <hcvanveluwen@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2000 12:17:55 +0100
: I put in a new set of Varta batteries (why in the heck did they use these
: weird, expensive batteries? -- rechargeable AAs make more sense).

They have to power the flash, winder, zoom, shutter, electronics. With AA's
you'ld need a battery pack but there is none for the iS. There are however
rechargeable Lithium 123A compatible batteries. I haven't tried these yet.

: I turned it on and the zoom worked, briefly.  Zoomed in and out and stuck
: out.

When you turn on the camera the zoom is supposed to move to the 35mm
position. After that, you should be able to operate the zoom buttons, with
or without film loaded.

: When I open the back and close it, the auto load seems to make noises.

That's normal - it tries to load the film even when there isn't any.

: I haven't tried film in it yet.
: Am I doing something obvious wrong?

So what exactly is the problem? Have you tried to operate the shutter
release and there is no response? Everything should work even when there is
no film loaded.

hnz