Re: [OM] How and when did you get into OM?

Subject: Re: [OM] How and when did you get into OM?
From: "Albert Yang" <albert@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2000 07:20:16 -0800
Cc: olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Paul,

A few companies this year are making "hybrid" APS cameras.  They take
pictures onto the film like regular cameras, but also has enough
memory onboard to save the images in digital format.  That way, the
theory is you get the best of both worlds, instant feedback from the
digital with degraded photo quality, but you also get it on the roll,
and that is suppose to give better quality than digital.

>From the discussions I read, 35mm range (depending on quality of
film, lens, development etc..) anywhere from 10 megapixels to upwards
of 40 megapixels.  Go with something like a Velvia 50 + a Hasselblad
in 6x6cm with some Zeiss T* glass, and you are talking a few hundred
megapixels.  So digital has a LONG ways to go before it's equal to
film.  I find that film + a good scanner is the better solution.  If
I start taking enough pictures, I might invest in a film scanner.
But I like the flatbed scanners mostly because then you can just scan
in the ones you really like, it does become tedious, but so is life
sometimes..

Albert