Re: [OM] How and when did you get into OM?

Subject: Re: [OM] How and when did you get into OM?
From: Scott Nelson <SNelson@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2000 10:45:50 -0500
Ah, good question. I was looking at buying an SLR and had narrowed the choice to
either an OM-1 or a C*n*n F-1. Being a poor high school student at the time, I
really couldn't afford either and even if I bought one, could never have
afforded the lenses to make a system. Anyway, I joined the yearbook committee
and having some experience with photography, I volunteered to shoot yearbook
pictures. Well, the first thing I shot was a football game. I went to check out
the equipment and found they had the OM system with several lenses, MD's, really
the whole enchilada. So, eventually I bought an OM-1, a 50/1.8, and 100/2.8. For
the rest of my high school years I had access to equipment I could never have
afforded myself.