RE: [OM] How and when did you get into OM?

Subject: RE: [OM] How and when did you get into OM?
From: "Timpe, Jim" <Jim.Timpe@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2000 06:15:44 -0800

Ray Moth inquired...

Dear All,

I'm curious to know how and when List members got into the OM system.
OM has never been the most popular brand, so I would imagine most
OM-ers either chose the system because of some particular feature they
wanted or inherited it.

I was stationed in Japan in the Air Force in 1976.  The base exchange
handled the usual suspects (N*kon, C*non, M*nolta, P*ntax) as well as
Olympus.  It was for me an absolute 'no-brainer' upon comparing the best
offerings available from these various makers.  It was, and IMHO continues
to be like comparing pickup trucks to sports cars.  The Oly was SOOOO much
more natural in the hand, and the feel and sound of the OM-1 shutter is
sheer music, and continues to be to this day.

You asked!!

Yours, still loving and lusting after things Oly after all these years,
Jim