Re: [OM] Anybody ever hear of Zuiho? Can Japanese listmembers answer?(OT

Subject: Re: [OM] Anybody ever hear of Zuiho? Can Japanese listmembers answer?(OT)
From: DaEyeGuy@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2000 11:32:07 EST
In a message dated 12/17/00 12:11:30 PM Eastern Standard Time,
krho@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> For this I blame eBay
>  fever; it's my opinion that when the big eBay gold rush started, local
>  dealers decimated their shelves of everything that could be found by an
>  ebay search engine--
Perhaps if you understood how little the seller benefited and how much they
were paying to the owners of the "antique mall" you'd understood why they
flocked to eBay..monthly rental fees can run as high as $250-$300 a month,
and then they pay 15-200ut of the sales as well...and this quote is from a
small city of only 60,000 in Virginia..I can only imagine what they must have
to pay in areas like California. Ebay charges such minimal fees it's
laughable in comparison. Needless to say, I'll never rent a stall in an
"antique mart" again.

I am more than happy to not have to spend gas and precious free time for the
hunt..now I can sit at home with family and still enjoy the hunt! And those
of us in the rural areas have a plethora of items at our fingertips that we
never had access to before!

Susan Steele
Amherst, VA USA
who's enjoyed the changes eBay has brought inot our lives...