RE: [OM] How and when did you get into OM?

Subject: RE: [OM] How and when did you get into OM?
From: "Matt Bachofen" <mbachofen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2000 11:40:47 -0600
Ray wrote:  I'm curious to know how and when List members got into the OM
system.

When we lived in San Antonio, I got burgled.  They stole my precious XA, so
I decided to go get an SLR and really learn something.  That was in '91.  I
bought an OM-1n black with some brassing and a 50mm 1.8 (made in Japan)  I
have been so pleased with the results, that I got a 2n.  It has been a
nightmare for me, and J. Hermanson too, I imagine.  My wife refers to them
as "good camera" and "bad camera".  My first post to this list referenced
that camera back in '96 maybe?  Well, now I'm waiting for it to return
again.  Now, I have an OM4T !  What a machine!

So, I guess the Magic of Maitani's XA design (I asked for it on my 11th
B'day) led me back to his earlier OM's.
m.bachofen