Re: [OM] IS-3DLX - I'm lost

Subject: Re: [OM] IS-3DLX - I'm lost
From: Gary Reese <pcacala@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2000 11:02:43 -0800
Tom:

Problems with the zooming mechanism seem to be the #1 Achilles Heel in
the IS-3, although I'm not an expert on the subject. Additionally, I had
an IS-3 which required a film cassette in the chamber for the lens to
zoom. Not standard operating procedure in that case, but something to
check in the process of elimination. Olympus America has a flat rate fee
of about $125 (I seem to recall) to fix these, plus parts.

Folks: buy your IS-3 cameras from sellers/dealers who allow refunds!
They are a real crap shoot on the used market with perhaps less than 40%
odds of getting a fault-free one. Clinton sure hit the nail on the head
with his "frequent problem" response.

Gary Reese
Las Vegas, NV