Re: [OM] New to list

Subject: Re: [OM] New to list
From: "Enrique Cabrera" <qcabrera@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2000 23:45:09 +0100
Once Upon a 18 Dec 00, Conrad Aquino wrote me about [OM] New to list something
like:

> What is the opinion of how Sigma lenses (in general) stacks up against
> Zuiko and the other non Zuiko's (Tokina, etc), that I've seen on eBay ?

Conrad:

I can't even consider myself a zuik-apprentice. However, I started
ebaying last summer and got a couple of NIB Sigma zooms for Olympus
(both had been sitting on camera shop's shelves for ages). Both came
with full paperwork and nicely wrapped within their boxes.

To my totally amateur eye, the 35-70  f 2.8-4, works great. I have
not tested it thoroughly, but pics came out sharp and light and to be
honest I could not tell the difference of shooting with it or a
common zuiko (28 f2.8, 50 f1.8) -c'mon people, i'm trying my best ;).
Nevertheless, I am positive that for those able to squeeze the best
out of an objective, the difference will be clear. (Any of you who
feel ashamed of this list member, please feel free to send in your
Zuiko lenses for a short training period -a couple of years will do-.
I am sure that after proper tuition I will be able to tell the
difference :-)

My opinion is that a new/old stock Sigma may do the trick while
waiting for better zuiking times.

Quique (Enrique Cabrera)       qcabrera@xxxxxxxxxx

A real Nowhere Man, sitting in his Nowhereland
The Spanish Beatles page          http://www.upv.es/beatles
The Ultimate Beatles Archives     http://www.gmf.upv.es/beatles
      THE END         (And,in the end, the love you take
                            is equal to the love you make)