Re: [OM] (OT) which med format ? try this.....

Subject: Re: [OM] (OT) which med format ? try this.....
From: Pandionhalietius@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2000 18:25:37 EST
I have a Fuji GW 690III that cost me about $800.  It is an AMAZING camera
with HUGE negatives/slides and superb quality.
If you need a bunch of lenses then you have to go with a more expensive
system, but I have heard from many that jumped to the 6x 4.5 rank-that is is
not THAT different from 35mm.  The 6x9 is a big jump and you have ample room
to crop.
If I had more money, I would go with a Mamyia 7 - 6x7 and their
interchangeable lenses and the 35mm panorma option that the cameras have.  I
have heard nothing but great great things about those.
When you first hold up a 6x9 "slide" your jaw will drop and you will drop
your super telephotos, dig up the tripod, and head for Yosemite....... : )
Like to hear what you decide upon.
John