Re: [OM] How and when did you get into OM?

Subject: Re: [OM] How and when did you get into OM?
From: "Mark A. Johnson" <mjohnson@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2000 17:37:22 -0800
It was 1975, and I was hanging with friends I had worked with as a
reporter/photographer for a daily newspaper. Everybody had these monstrous
sytems with multiple hulking bodies and a brace of lenses and at least one
honking telephoto as big as a baseball bat. I had a modest Pentax Spotmatic
and was ready for something else. Another friend of mine--a musician--had
just gotten an OM-1 and I fell in love with the sheer elegance of the thing.
After I got mine, the other photogs were seriously impressed. Not long
after, I went to Germany to visit a photographer friend who was working for
Stars and Stripes, and we traveled for a couple of weeks just shooting.  We
were on foot a lot, and my friend was lugging a pair of massive T*pcon
bodies that were nice pieces but bore more than casual resemblance to the
Abrams tanks we occasionally encountered in the fields. I had more fun than
he did.
 Mark Johnson