[OM] I fell of the wagon -- I'm a bad man

Subject: [OM] I fell of the wagon -- I'm a bad man
From: "Tom Scales" <tscales@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2000 19:51:57 -0600
Well, after working so darn hard to shrink my collection down to a
manageable size, I've just sort of gone a little crazy.  Not bad crazy,
well, maybe.

Why, oh why, can't I stop???

I had sold my 100 f/2 awhile back, since I owned the 100/2.8 and the 90/2
but always regretted it a bit.  Got an email from someone from whom I've
bought before offering a mint 100/2.  Of course, we all know what mint
means, right -- still seems to be in one piece after the fall to the
concrete.

Got it in the mail today.  Wow, what a lens.  I really can't tell it from
new. No brassing, perfect glass (if you haven't looked through the glass on
a 100/2, you're missing something.  A big version of the 50/1.2, almost all
glass).

Ok, that's bad enough.  But then he offered me an OM-3 for a good price. I'd
finally decided to sell my OM-3Ti (to a list member).  So what the heck am I
doing buying an OM-3.......

Deep breath, you have it under control.

Nope, you don't.

I bid on a package on ebay that didn't meet its reserve.  Wrote the seller
and struck a deal.

Om-2S
50 ?
28 ?
135 ?

All Zuikos, but it will be interesting to find out which ones when I get
it....

It's back and I'm in trouble....

Tom