[OM] How and when did you get into OM?

Subject: [OM] How and when did you get into OM?
From: "Benson, Martin \[CCS\]" <M.Benson@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2000 07:58:26 -0000
I got my OM1n in the early 80's (82 or 83). I was undecided between a Nikon (a
friend had just purchased one), a Canon AT1 or the Olympus.

Olympus UK was the most helpful of the three in the way of brochures, the local
dealer had an OM1n with 50mm 1.8 in stock, I had a new credit card...
My friend was somewhat sceptical of my 'toy' camera but couldn't believe the
size and weight compared to his Nikon.

Over the years I've acquired a 28mm 2.8, 135mm 3.5, 35-70mm 3.5/4.5, OM2SP and
a 'non zuiko' 80-200 and 2x converter. And a Cullman flash which I never have
mastered.

Still glad I didn't go for the Canon or Nikon.

Martin