[OM] (Fwd) UK Meeting

Subject: [OM] (Fwd) UK Meeting
From: "Giles" <cnocbui@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2000 23:10:02 +0000
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2000 13:23:09 -0800
From: drchrisbarrett <drchrisbarrett@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: UK Meeting

Dear Francois,

Don't forget me !

I am planning to get to the meeting on the 13th, but the 20th would be
better for me, so if other folks are OK with the date then I'm happy.

I'm contacting some friends near Oxford to get their advice on good
eating places. My knowledge is many years out of date.

For those who don't know Oxford, the biggest attraction is the many
University colleges, which are all within walking distance. Most have
numerous tripod marks to indicate the most photographed views.

On the east side of the city centre are the Botanical Gardens, and
Magdelane College Deer Park. I will try to check the two dates to see if we
can get in. Every time I've tried to visit it in recent years the college
grounds have been closed for one reason or another.

If you are looking foe something more novel then Headington on the east
side (really a car drive) did bost a most unusual sculpture. A local artist
got into hot water with the planning authorities because he built a large
(c.a. 20ft) sharks tail out of the roof of his terrace house. If it is
still there it is an amazing sight.

Chris