Re: [OM] siliconfilm

Subject: Re: [OM] siliconfilm
From: Paul Wallich <pw@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2000 00:15:21 -0500
At 1:47 PM +0900 12/20/00, k.matsumoto wrote:

BTW, what was the list's consensus about Silicon Film?

Not good. Expensive, not really all that useful in its
current form. The Zuiko 16mm superwide becomes a "normal"
lens, everything else is a telephoto. And 1280x1024 is
not good enough resolution for more than snapshots.

If they had shipped when they first announced it might have
found a niche, but now it's pretty questionable.

(I have been looking lately at digicam auctions on ebay; all
I need is a beater digicam and a spare OM back, and I'm willing
to experiment...)

http://www.siliconfilm.com/mainindex.htm

Some guy tested on his OM-1:

http://www.siliconfilm.com/testimages/index.htm

I don't think this test was on an OM -- it's from the company
web site, and they claim their gadget fits only canon and nikon
cameras. (cassette-to-film-gate distance, I suppose).

paul

--
Paul Wallich                                            pw@xxxxxxxxx