Re: [OM] OM2000 or OM1? a Hypothetical Case

Subject: Re: [OM] OM2000 or OM1? a Hypothetical Case
From: Dan Lau <dlau@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2000 18:57:32 -0500 (EST)
On Wed, 20 Dec 2000 18:32, "gwsears" <gwsears@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>On 20 Dec 2000, at 15:01, Kelton Rhoads wrote:
>> Let's take a hypothetical case: assume there's this guy who lives on
>> the ocean in southern California, and who is forever worrying about
>> salt in the air. So much so, that he won't take any of his nice OMs
>> out for a spin within several miles of the beach. So much so, that his
>> OM gear remains in a dessicant-laced zero halliburton case 99.90f
>> the time.

>snip---

>Kelton,
>I'd remind that person that California is going to snap off and sink
>into the Pacific any day now so there's no way, as I see it, to
>prevent his gear from getting a bit damp. That being the case I'd tell
>him to take it out and use it before it's too late or maybe move just
>over the state line into Nevada ;-)

I think you all missed the operative word in this hypothetical
situation:  this person (let's call him KR as someone else
suggested) "lives _ON_ the ocean".  He does not live "near" the
ocean, but he lives _ON_ the ocean.  So for KR, he is rightfully
worry about salt air.  But does KR ever come ashore to get his
film developed or is his photographics subjects limited to the
boat, the water and the sky?

If KR never comes ashore, then I'd say buy any camera, he'd run
out of film before the camera is ruined by the salt air. :-)
        -Dan