[OM] How and when did you get into OM?

Subject: [OM] How and when did you get into OM?
From: "Michael P. Dodson" <mdodson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2000 22:48:56 -0700
Weight led me to Olympus OMs.

I once had a full N*k*n kit - two FTn bodies, four lenses, bellows and other
accessories.  They served me well through two years in Ethiopia and twelve
years of casual shooting back in the US.  I still think the 105mm F2.5 is a
wonderful lens.

Unfortunately, their weight became an issue after many years of very heavy
weightlifting compressed a disk in my back.  The Olympus system was the
obvious replacement.  I knew Olympus quality well since my wife had a
wonderful Pen FT collection that she effortlessly carried through Ethiopia
while I struggled with the N*k*ns.  She later traded her Pens for an OM-1n
and two fat Vivitar zooms.

My present OM collection (2 champagne 4Ts, a 2n, and the usual lenses) will
serve me well till the digital medium improves enough to make silver
obsolete - another five or ten years? An Olympus 360L digicam is already
lurking under the Christmas tree!

Michael