Re: [OM] How and when did you get into OM?

Subject: Re: [OM] How and when did you get into OM?
From: "JOHN SCHEUERER" <jhs8956@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2000 23:36:02 -0500

I like mostly simple basic cameras. Olympus offered just that.
Three years ago one of my cousins was showing me photos he took with his AF Nikon And raving about the quality of their lenses.I admit I was impressed by the pictures and made up my mind to buy my first slr camera. First I started doing my own research on the web. I read and compared everything I could between Nikon,Canon,Minolta,Pentax,and Olympus.I also read the Olympus archives long before I joined the list. I appreciated the members input,especially on the lenses. I didn't want to risk a bad experience buying used at first so I started with an OM2000 with the 35-70 lense. Though not a system camera,I like the spot meter ability on it and the price brand new was reasonable and under warranty and I figured if I lost interest or just plain stunk at photography,I'd only be out a couple hundred dollars.I'm happy to say I'm doing fine at it and haven't lost interest. Since then I picked up a Zuiko 50 1.4, a 200/4 and a 50/1.8. and other lenses as well. Hopefully,a system body is next.