Re: [OM] Re: [OT] Chuffed...and car sales

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: [OT] Chuffed...and car sales
From: DaEyeGuy@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2000 08:55:49 EST
In a message dated 12/21/00 2:22:12 AM Eastern Standard Time,
bhinderks@xxxxxxxxx writes:

> There is one saying in the car business Susan failed to mention - " Buyers
>  are Liars"- and man is that true. Anyone who wants to be critical of auto
>  dealers should try it from the other side of the fence for a year before
>  they start making derogatory comments.
>  Barry H
Amen Barry,
i cannot even remember the wasted hours spent filling in apps, negotiating a
deal just to have the credit report come back listing 3 feet of numerous
judgements and/or bankrupcy..and they'll look you dead in the eye and lie.
Don't they have better things to do with their time? The thing that amazed me
most was the way eveyone goes to a dealership in another town so no one will
know their credit history. They'll pay 25% more just for that privacy. Acute
paranoia??
I was making significant money as a car rep (before his drug indictment) but
found I really detested the job...primarily because you must wait for the
business to come to YOU. I have always been a commissioned sales rep and,
when i got up feeling spunky and wanted to make money, I could hit it hard
and make MONEY. With car sales you are sitting, staring out of plate glass
windows until the consumer is ready to come to you...really dreary! Never
again..."the caged bird never sings.."

Susan Steele
Amherst, VA USA