Re: [OM] Sun-Dog Days of Winter

Subject: Re: [OM] Sun-Dog Days of Winter
From: "Chris O'Neill" <coneill@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2000 09:02:29 -0700
> Here in the middle of corn/soybean country, better
> known as Iowa, we have been experiencing some of the
> most brilliant Sun-Dogs that the locals have ever
> seen.  Sunday morning, one went "full-circle" complete
> with spokes.  Absolutely georgous.  We have had three
> mornings this week alone with these brilliant optical
> phenoms.  (The sundogs were so bright that they were
> casting their own shadows).

Here in Edmonton (Alberta Canada), we had a stunning sundog yesterday at
noon.  It didn't quite go full circle, but was visible on both sides of the
sun.  Only a few degress at the top and bottom weren't apparent.

Unfortunately, I couldn't take a shot even though I had the trusty OM-10
with me.  We were on the way to the staff Xmas get-together, and were
driving down a very busy street (99th heading south to Strathcona, Garth).
So, stopping was out of the question.  (SIGH!)

Oh, well.  Hopefully I'll see s'more over the holidays, during the trip to
Nipawin, Saskatchewan and Winnipeg, Manitoba.

Chris