Re: [OM] Tokina? Filters..

Subject: Re: [OM] Tokina? Filters..
From: Pandionhalietius@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2000 21:10:06 EST
zuiko zuiko zuiko
The reason to buy a system is first off -the lenses.  Camera bodies make some
difference-but a sharp lens is what is important.
Zuiko's aren't that expensive relatively.
To start looking for off brands to save money in my opinion, ofcourse, is
murdering the reason to buy  a system.
If you need a lens that Olympus doesn't have-such as a faster 400mm like a
Tamron f4, then it is logical to look elsewhere.
Tokina, to my knowledge, doesn't really make anything Olympus doesn't cover
and cover much better.  Maybe you are after a super wide zoom-maybe Tokina is
the route.  I am not sure what lesnsyou are after.
People who buy Leicas and then buy an Adorman wide angle M to put on them
stump me.
John R