Re: [OM] Open Letter to Olympus

Subject: Re: [OM] Open Letter to Olympus
From: "C.H.Ling" <chling@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2000 10:49:24 +0800

Keith Berry wrote:

> Garth wrote:
> > Albeit a noble sentiment, this idea has been tried before.  Olympus'
> reaction has been either "Sorry, but we've moved on, and we suggest you do,
> too," or a great big non-committal yawn...
>
> Yes, I'm afraid that 500 enthusiasts *world-wide* wouldn't encourage them to
> produce even a new lens cap!
>
> Regards,
> Keith

And this 500 enthusiasts very few buy new items from Olympus, just got
them from ebay, used camera shops and mailing list even new lenses and
cameras are still available.

We cannot just say we need support from Olympus, we also need to
support them. A new mechanical camera is not cheap to make, are we
willing to pay $500 for a new OM1n.

C.H.Ling