Re: [OM] Tokina? Filters...

Subject: Re: [OM] Tokina? Filters...
From: Gary Reese <pcacala@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2000 19:16:00 -0800
Hi Albert:

<< First, how are these lenses?  Second, do they make them in OM mounts?
Third question, unrelated: What is a "decent" filter to get?  Can
someone name me a few brands? >>

Check the list archives for these subjects. There is more content there
than you'd get by re-asking these questions.

Tokina made a wide variety of lines, each with their own
price/performance ratios. AT-X is the top of the line. Sure they were
sold in OM mounts. I even have some Tokina lenses tested on my lens test
page. If you seek objective information on Tokina lenses, rather than
subjective opinions, you'll have to dig for the old Modern and Popular
Photography magazine test reports, as well as tests in the non-USA
published photography periodicals.

Seems the list has had folks listing filter brands and URL to more
information over the last few days. Without testing the particular
filter you want to keep, you'll not totally if it is a good sample or
not, irrespective of brand. It is easy to cull out the horrible ones if
you bother (I know a lot of photographers who don't), but it is the fair
performers that are difficult to separate from the excellent performers.
BTW, there are far fewer manufacturers of filters than there are brands,
so brands are kind of ambiguous. Do you really even want to go here . .
.

Gary Reese
Las Vegas, NV