Re: [OM] [OT] Negative scanners...?

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT] Negative scanners...?
From: Chris Barker <imagopus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2000 10:02:27 +0100
Thomas

I have the Minolta Dimage Scan Dual which is fine for me and my computer and photo prowess (medium), but the later model which is a USB model (i.e. Scan Dual II) received a good write-up in our Amateur Photographer in the UK. Its resolution is advertised as being about 2,800 dpi, and the reviewer said that there was no evidence of banding with monochrome negatives.

Chris

Anyways, I know that several of the list members have such, and I have
read parts of the discussions from the past in the archives. However
technology is moving fast so I take the liberty of asking. Which negative
scanners are good/bad/ok? Which would be the "equivalent of the
OM2s/p" (aka: the best game in town) and which should I stay far far away
from?

I hope I am not too much off topic wih this posting......

Mange hilsner / Sincerely