RE: [OM] Tokina? Filters

Subject: RE: [OM] Tokina? Filters
From: ClassicVW@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2000 12:39:14 EST
Hello again everyone....

Hey Chip,
Don't forget my Tokina 50-250 f/4-5.6- the lens some here have told me is the
same construction as the Zuiko. I just used this lens the other day with a 2X
extender and the results were amazing. Focusing was easy too. And I recently
picked up a Tokina 25-50 f/4  (which I hadn't known existed) which is
becoming my favorite "people lens" to keep on the body at all times. I've
used Tokina lenses forever, they're very ruggedly made, and the images are
sharp and contrasty. If there's _any_ little thing I could say of a critical
nature it would be that to my eye, a couple of their lenses are a bit cool
for my taste. All in all great value throughout the line.

Ciao, and Happy Holidays to all
George S.

I wouldn't be so quick to diss Tokina lenses. Here is  my take on a few of
them....

28-85mm/f3.5-4.5 ATX -
70-210mm/f4-f5.6 SD zoom.
150-500mm/f5.6 ATX zoom