Re: [OM] Open Letter to Olympus

Subject: Re: [OM] Open Letter to Olympus
From: Jim Couch <spknsprkt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2000 10:21:42 -0800
Before we go throwing our weight around it might be good to consider
whether we have any real weight behind us. Yes we are all 'hard-core' OM
enthusiasts, but I suspect that few of us have bought any NEW OM gear
recently. I know I have bought damn little! I buy a lot of used gear, but
very little. My last new Olympus purchase consisted of two OM-4 md caps,
and OM-4 TTL caps from Camtech and a 24 mm lens hood (on closeout) from a
local dealer (who no longer carries Olympus gear.) Prior to that it was a
35-70 f3.5-4.5 lens when they first came out (a LOONG time ago). If all
we are going to do is buy used gear it won't make much difference to
Olympus how much stuff we buy or how passionate we are about our systems.

Jim Couch