Re: [OM] Digital trends - was Open Letter to Olympus

Subject: Re: [OM] Digital trends - was Open Letter to Olympus
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 23 Dec 2000 09:05:29 +1100
I'm wearing a 1962 Omega Seamaster which I love despite its idiosyncracies
- automatic but otherwise utterly traditional. My point is that a ten
dollar digital watch is more accurate than the most expensive mechanical
watch (analogue - ugh!) ever made. But accuracy was not enough. Nowadays,
around me, children wear flashy, throwaway digitals and serious people buy
'name' mechanicals. Very noticeable in a school.
Andrew