Re: [OM] [Now OT]Re Digital Vs Traditional Photography

Subject: Re: [OM] [Now OT]Re Digital Vs Traditional Photography
From: "Mickey Trageser" <mickeytr@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2000 23:56:51 -0500
Yes, I'd be interested in knowing, as well. However, I'd be very surprised
to find that any 'free' copy of Photoshop is legit.

Now, if you happen to carry your OM attitude to other pursuits, you might
dedicate a computer to Linux from Mandrake. You get a digital photo editing
suite proporting to be the equal of Photoshop called Gimp (Graphic Image
Manipulation Program) free. The Mandrake distribution can be had for free by
downloading legitimately from their site. For those who don't know, Linux is
an alternative Operating System with many available software packages at no
cost. If you are an experimenter who likes to live on the edge of the
masses, you may find it interesting. www.linux-mandrake.com is the place.

The point of this is that there are alternatives to Photoshop, and Windows
for that matter. I'm not going to defend Linux or Gimp, just offer them up
as a free (or inexpensive if you buy it on CD) package.

Mickey