Re: [OM] Digital trends - was Open Letter to Olympus

Subject: Re: [OM] Digital trends - was Open Letter to Olympus
From: "C.H.Ling" <chling@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 23 Dec 2000 14:46:56 +0800
Yes, I also have two Automatic Longines bought in 1993 and 1997, but I
mainly wear a Seiko Kinetic. Some people treat watch as jewel but some
people just use it for checking time and some for both. But a good digital
watch doesn't give much benefit in function compared to mechanical watches,
extreme timing accuracy is not important to most of us.

On the other hand a digital camera do give us the convenient, cost saving in
film and in future equal or better than film in quality. For taking photos,
the end result is an image, a picture on print or slide. People will admire
a good photo and few like us will also admire about the equipment in behind.

When the time came, my OMs will be just putting in the humidity controlled
chamber and serve as collecting items. And I'm sure our OM will be much
collectable than the AF bricks. May be on some special event, we will take
our OMs out for showing, but only if we can still get film to use with them.

C.H.Ling