Re: [OM] ......Open Letter to Olympus.......

Subject: Re: [OM] ......Open Letter to Olympus.......
From: Chris Barker <imagopus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 23 Dec 2000 06:50:37 +0100
I agree with Dave.

We always used to wonder whether there was a member of any of the
Olympus companies subscribing to the List ...

At least one of the senior people in Olympus Optical UK uses OMs.  In
the latest OLYMPUSER  the Commercial Director (accountant?), Andrew
Dyckhoff has a 6-page spread on archictectural photography around the
world taken with OM2N and IS-3000.

They are of good quality and if I get a flatbed scanner for Christmas
(:>)), I'll scan a few pages in for your delectation, but the point
is that he uses an old camera without AF.

Chris

In my oppinion, there is enough OM equipment to create
and make wonderful pictures. If you think it twice,
why do we need an OM5? I think with OM4T is plenty
enough to create. The only thing Olympus should have added
to his last camera is, 1/250s sync speed; but they
preferred to continue with their low profile cameras
without vertical shutter.
Everybody knows there won´t be any OM body. The best way
to make Olympus think, is to make wonderful pictures
with OM system.

Dave

--
~~~~~ ><>