Re: [OM] What is everyone's 1 non Zuiko lens they like best?

Subject: Re: [OM] What is everyone's 1 non Zuiko lens they like best?
From: Walt Wayman <HIWAYMAN@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 23 Dec 2000 08:15:17 -0500
Not counting, of course, my medium format gear, I have only one non-Zuiko
lens.  At the risk of stirring up certain list members who seem practically
to froth at the mouth at the mere mention of this lens, I will do so
anyway: 28mm f/2.8 Carl Zeiss Jena.  I had a 28/2 Zuiko and wasn?t really
interested in this lens, but I mentioned it as a curiosity to my
C*n*n-owning wife and she bought it for me as a gift.  I habitually test
all lenses, not terribly scientifically, but sufficiently to weed out the
duds.  The Zeiss blew the doors off the Zuiko.  It was enough better that I
was more than willing to live with a one stop slower (and lighter) lens,
and the Zuiko is long gone. The only two Zuikos of the 14 I have that are
the equal of the ?junky Jena" are the 50/3.5 macro and the 100/2.  Call me
a traitor and slander my lens, if you must, but you won't get you hands on
my little 28.

Walt Wayman