[OM] Re: Digital Vs Traditional Photography

Subject: [OM] Re: Digital Vs Traditional Photography
From: "Lex Jenkins" <lexjenkins@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 24 Dec 2000 03:41:35
David, you've mentioned the very thing that is most frustrating to me about working with digital images - the bias toward the red channel.

So many of my scans are completely unusable because anything more than a tiny amount of adjustment results in horrible shadows and dark areas that turn a grainy red rather than shifting smoothly and accurately.

It's so bad that I'm often tempted to quit scanning color at all. Even with the powerful multi-channel tools available in Corel Photo-Paint, sometimes I can't quite get the results I want - especially with my watercolors. Must be maddening to graphic designers.

That's among the reasons I admire your online images - lovely balance of colors, especially in skin tones.
Lex Jenkins
Date: Sat, 23 Dec 2000 20:25:25 +0100
From: David Irisarri <div2000@xxxxxxxx>

...It´s known that red is used in high percentage in order to
get the most details in the shadows, green for the strenght
of the image and blue is only used in small quantities...