Re: AOL type (was[OM] Zuiko 300/4.5: price, opinions, etc.)

Subject: Re: AOL type (was[OM] Zuiko 300/4.5: price, opinions, etc.)
From: Chris Barker <imagopus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 24 Dec 2000 11:34:32 +0100
Rich

It's OK now at the size you have set. Perhaps you did not get my earlier email saying so.

Other AOL subscribers do have the same or similar problems, but it's not a big thing (ho, ho ;-))... just that I normally won't read list messages in type that requires me to find my spectacles. And you needed to know that it was small because you can't see it when you write it.

I too think that this system of communication is wonderful; I have regained contact with many, many people since starting emailing. We in the Services (Royal Air Force for my part) move around a lot and this is a great way to spread news.

OM Part: I may have persuaded my wife to start using my OMs (good thing?) when we move back to the UK in February.

Chris

Chris wrote, in part:
It is worth mentioning I think that your emails come out very small on my
machine (a Mac with Eudora as email client).

Gee, Chris, I don't know what to do or say about this.  I'm trying size 12
type here just as an experiment (default is size 10).  But then, this means
I'm not using the default settings as recommended by AOL, and may once again
experience the previous problems  (posts not making it to the list, or a lot
of extra html garbage added to them).

Anybody have any ideas/suggestions?  You other AOL folk experiencing this
phenomena?

Actually, I'm just old enough (a boomer) to still be awed by the fact that we are able to communicate like this at all, ALL OVER THE WORLD! With very
little delay!  Awesome!

Of course you know, as a PC user, I really should say something snide about
the MAC, but I won't.  <TEETH>

And a Happy Christmas to YOU!

Rich

--