[OM] Re: (OM) OM's & Eric Hosking's bird pictures

Subject: [OM] Re: (OM) OM's & Eric Hosking's bird pictures
From: "Rick Beckrich" <RBeckric@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 24 Dec 2000 13:03:48 -0500
While shopping for everyone else, I bought myself a Christmas present (NO- not
a 4Ti)... in a used book store I found a copy of Hosking's "A Passion fo Bird",
s/t "50 years of photographing wildlife", published in 1979 by CM&G in NY.
Of the 217 pictures in this book, 37 were taken with OM-1 and OM-2 cameras and
Zuiko lenses.
Hoskins, the reputed dean of British bird photographers (forward by Roger Tory
Peterson), had this to say, "...one day in Africa an American doctor showed us
one of the first Olympus OM-1's, light , compact and precise.....
I have had five of them, which have been used to take tens of thousands of
pictures in many parts of the world, the only breakdown being caused by a speck
of grit on one of the syncronizing contacts." Not a bad endorsement, eh?
Merry Christmas everyone!
Rick in VA (from home in Calvert County, MD)