Re: [OM] Re: olympus-digest V2 #2050

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: olympus-digest V2 #2050
From: "C.H.Ling" <chling@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 26 Dec 2000 12:36:33 +0800
Gregg,

You are probably right, you need lots of hardware to go with the DC,
but if you already have them, that is not a problem. OK, it still may
not save anything as the cost of a good DC is still very high, you can
buy a lots of film including processing and print. Before you justify
the cost, your DC already worth nothing.

But to me it could make some different if I have a good digital
camera. I will definitely shoot much more as the cost is almost zero
if you don't get the image print.

I'm one who don't mind paying a lot for equipment but don't want to
waste one frame of film. I shoot very few per session. It sometimes
take me two or three week to finish a roll (of course sometimes two to
three rolls a day, it depends). I try to change this practice but
never success, my wife rare take photos, but with my C2000 she is much
more willing to try.

Similar to the using of printer, I got a Fargo A4 dye-sub printer at
1994 (?) for over $1000, but printed less than 10 images as it cost $4
each print. Now the roller has some problem that create banding output
and I'm going to throw it away. Similar to my first color inkjet Epson
Stylus Color II, I have not finished the second ink cartage before the
head struck. Now with my new HP 930C, I'm much more willing to print
but still avoid the images with lots of dark area (as it need a lots
of ink)! Some of you may also know I have a Polaroid Propalette 8000
film recorder at home, now I have been waiting for two weeks for
getting a roll of 36 images, just searching the web for some good E-10
images to output a roll of negatives to see how the E-10 perform.

I know I'm a bit crazy, but a good DC will cure ;-)

C.H.Ling