Re: [OM] Slide copy film question from Hank Hogan

Subject: Re: [OM] Slide copy film question from Hank Hogan
From: "Mickey Trageser" <mickeytr@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2000 08:59:42 -0500
Careful here,

I know on my 17mm Tokina, a rubber lens hood would cause serious vignette.
Even a frame shaped hood would provide minimal help due to the steep angle
the lens would require. The angle of view on this lens is so wide I
sometimes see my own hand while focusing. Even my UV filter encroaches a
tiny bit. If you feel you must have a hood, check with Vivitar and get the
one made for the lens. If they never offered one, chances are it's not
feasible. Even if they do make one, the wide view of the lens will take you
into lens flare situations that the hood can't help with. Light source
position plays a much larger role in your composition than with other lenses
in regard to flare. -but it sure is fun!

Mickey