[OM] Varimagnifier bargain?

Subject: [OM] Varimagnifier bargain?
From: "c.e. packard" <packardc@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2000 10:28:06 -0600
For a month or so now I have been hankering to get a varimagnifier for
copy work and astrophotography (a new hobby). I have been browsing the
auction sites and the  local shop that carries used equipment, waiting
to strike when I found a Fangtastic deal. Noting that near "mint"
varimagnifiers were going for close to $140.00 US I got curious and
checked B&H photo for their price "new". Lo and behold they list a new
varimagnifier for $149.95 US so I bought one. It came to the office a
little while ago and it is nice, nice, nice! The instructions are all in
Japanese, so I assuming it is a 'grey' market piece. I just wanted to
gloat a bit and inform the rest of the group of a good price for this
piece of Oly equipment.
Charles "Waiting for the clouds to go away" Packard
Birmingham, Alabama