Re: [OM] Hope everyone had a Merry X-mas

Subject: Re: [OM] Hope everyone had a Merry X-mas
From: Garth Wood <garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2000 09:31:40 -0700
At 09:16 AM 12/28/2000 -0500, you wrote:
>Hi Folks,
>
>I hope all of you had a great Christmas and I wish you the same for the New
>Year! I'm wondering if someone out there can give me some advice. I recently
>picked up an OM-2n on ebay for next to nothing. The seller described the
>camera as not working, with the shutter locking and having to be reset after
>each time it was fired. I bought the camera, put some fresh batteries in it
>and voila, it works fine. I guess in some cases it pays to purchase from
>someone who starts their post with the phrase 'I am not a camera person'... I
>ran three rolls through it on Christmas and the pictures came out great. The
>only problem I aad was that I had to use the camera strictly in Auto mode, as
>the needle does not appear in the viewfinder. The rest of the viewfinder info
>is there, and the flash indicators work as they should. Just no needle. Has
>anyone experienced this before? Any ideas how I can fix this ?
>
>Thanks,
>Bruce

Bruce:

The way you fix it is to send it to John Hermanson and let him do it.  Most of
the insides of OMs are too finicky and complex for most people.

Good luck, and great bargain.

Garth

"A bad day doing photography is better
 than a good day doing just about
 anything else."

The Unofficial Olympus Web Photo Gallery at:

   http://www.taiga.ca/~gallery/, or
   http://www.enable.org/~gallery/