[OM] Winder 2 questions

Subject: [OM] Winder 2 questions
From: "Lex Jenkins" <lexjenkins@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 30 Dec 2000 15:35:38
Got a few questions about the Winder 2 that I could find answers for in the archives.

On the grip side of the winder, toward the bottom, what's the purpose of the semi-circular sliding cover that opens to reveal gearing beneath?

What's the proper operation sequence of the Winder 2? The rather decrepit pound puppy I'm evaluating requires two pokes of the release button, one to advance the film, a second to trip the shutter.

If I'm guessing correctly, in single mode the winder should advance/trip once for every depression of the button; in sequential mode, continuously as long as the button is depressed. Correct?

Also, I know there's info regarding common problems plaguing the winders but would anyone care to summarize or point me toward a URL that discusses these and possible fixes? I seem to recall something about faulty diodes, resistors or balky hamsters...