Re: [OM] Winder 2 questions

Subject: Re: [OM] Winder 2 questions
From: "Hans van Veluwen" <hcvanveluwen@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 30 Dec 2000 16:53:01 +0100
: On the grip side of the winder, toward the bottom, what's the purpose of
the
: semi-circular sliding cover that opens to reveal gearing beneath?

Connects to the 250 film back.

: What's the proper operation sequence of the Winder 2?  The rather decrepit
: pound puppy I'm evaluating requires two pokes of the release button, one
: advance the film, a second to trip the shutter.

That should only happen when you operate the winder and the film hasn't
advanced yet. Make sure the film is advanced before the winder is operated,
otherwise you may loose a shot.

: If I'm guessing correctly, in single mode the winder should advance/trip
: once for every depression of the button; in sequential mode, continuously
as
: long as the button is depressed.  Correct?

Aye. The instructions are available online @ eSIF btw.

: Also, I know there's info regarding common problems plaguing the winders
but
: would anyone care to summarize or point me toward a URL that discusses
these
: and possible fixes?  I seem to recall something about faulty diodes,
: resistors or balky hamsters...

You must have been reading the C*n*n mailing list...

hnz