[OM] Interesting photo information

Subject: [OM] Interesting photo information
From: John Hudson <xyyc@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 30 Dec 2000 08:34:03 -0800
I picked up a copy of Photo Techniques USA magazine yesterday
....Jan/Feb 2001 edition.

In the reader questions column on page 14 there is an interesting piece
of information saying:

"Slides can be made by reversing negatives to positives with a contrasty
black-and-white negative film like Technical Pan, Kodalith, or Eastman
Fine Grain Positive. Familiar negative processing is used in both
steps."

Back in the 1960s I made black and white slides quite successfully by
reversing regular off the shelf b/w negative film. However until I read
the piece in PT USA magazine yesterday I had forgotten all about these
reversed negatives I had once done.

My question is ....... is any familiar with reversing b/w negatives to
positives using one of the films mentioned in PT USA or any other film
for that matter and can comment about their results. If the results are
as good as I recall I got back in the 60s perhaps Agfa Scale is not the
only option for b/w slides.

John Hudson
Vancouver, BC

ps. Ctein has an excellent article in PT USA in which he reviews several
professional colour negative films.