[OM] 2sp flash ready light.

Subject: [OM] 2sp flash ready light.
From: B Gray <bandvg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 30 Dec 2000 16:42:08 +0000
Cc: "Arni R Kjartansson" <arnik@xxxxxxxxx>
"Arni R Kjartansson" <arnik@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
'Just bought a 2sp with a green flash-ready light. If I remember correctly
that means that the light draws power from the camera battery. How severe is
this drain, and can this still be converted to red led + circuit? I can live
with having to replace the batteries a few times a year and am not sure if
it's worth it to send the camera overseas if it's not too annoying.'

I have used a 2SP with the green flash ready light for almost four years now. The first, and only, time it caused me to lose pictures was when I did not know about the problem and went on a lengthy tour of some spectacular underground caves (in South Africa, at Oudtshorn?). The camera died on me about half way through the tour and I did not fancy changing its batteries in the dark. Since then, I have never walked around for more than a minute or two with the flash ready to fire but I do not know for sure how long it would survive in the 'flash ready' state - I would suspect about half an hour or less wilt old camera batteries. (John H may have the numbers?)

At the time I made enquiries in England about getting the camera modified but was put off by the cost as the camera was, and is, working well.
Brian

UK
brian.gray@xxxxxxxxxxx