Re: [OM] UK OM prices, was What is everyone's 1 non Zuiko

Subject: Re: [OM] UK OM prices, was What is everyone's 1 non Zuiko
From: Garth Wood <garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 30 Dec 2000 16:16:06 -0700
At 10:17 PM 12/30/2000 +0000, Simon Evans wrote:
>John Duggan wrote:
>
>>    What sort of price could I expect to pay for a mint- / ex+++Om3 or 3ti?
>
>Considerably more than they're worth IMHO. Secondhand OM3s have always
>carried chronically inflated prices relative to the OM4 - up to 50% more.
>Since it is equally likely to suffer the battery drain fault there is no
>advantage in having the manual model, except perhaps to polar explorers and
>Canadians (for reliability in extreme cold).

Simon:

You mean there's a difference?  ;-)

Garth (presently freezing his a** off in Alberta, Canada -- and we're having a
*warm* spell!)

"A bad day doing photography is better
 than a good day doing just about
 anything else."

The Unofficial Olympus Web Photo Gallery at:

   http://www.taiga.ca/~gallery/, or
   http://www.enable.org/~gallery/