[OM] Everyone's opinion

Subject: [OM] Everyone's opinion
From: Chris Stinson <music4free@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2000 01:58:57 -0700
Hello,

I've been *on* this list for a month or so, but I've never really said anything because I don't own an OM system...or an SLR camera...in fact, I don't even own a traditional film camera...I'm one of those digital peoples :)

I've *really* wanted an SLR camera for months, but they are so hard to find (cheap, in good condition, in Edmonton) ... or maybe I just can't look?

Not only do I not have a lot of money to spend, I don't want to try and buy something on ebay 'cause I've had some bad experiences on the 'net with buying stuff...I know I know, but I like to think I have bad luck...so I'm a bit reluctant to try. I'd rather get something from around Edmonton if possible.

I was wondering if anyone knew of any reputable places anywhere on the net, or near Edmonton that sell new/used OM cameras, and also, which ones would be the best for taking photos...I know that's a dumb question...i know it entirely depends on what you want in a camera.

I like the OM 2000 simply because it's cheap, but how is the image quality with the s-zuiko lens included?

I've seen some pics with the 4t and 2s with zuiko lenses, and I was amazed! Of course, a lot depends on the film and the photographer...but in each person's experience, which camera do you like, and why?

This would help me greatly in my search for a *real* camera...digital is great, but there are limitations.

Thanks,

Chris